The Ruffwear Swamp Cooler uses natural evaporative cooling to keep your dog cool. Soak it in cold water, wring it out, and fasten around your dog. Evaporative cooling exchanges the dog's heat as water evaporates from the coat's reservoir. Temperatures drop through the phase transition of liquid water to water vapor, mimicking the cooling effect of humans' sweat.
The Swamp Cooler's light color is designed to reflect heat from the sun. Combined with the evaporative cooling effect, the Swamp Cooler will keep dogs comfortable and ready to run that extra mile. Auto-lock buckles on each side of the jacket provide easy on/off.
- Maximum cooling through evaporation and heat reflection
- Three-layer construction:
- Wicking outer layer facilitates evaporation
- Absorbent middle layer stores water for evaporation
- Comfortable inner layer transfers cooling effect to the dog
- Active fit for full range of motion
- Side-release buckles for easy on/off
- Low-light visibility with reflective trim and light loop for attaching The Beacon